Friday, April 6, 2012

a Photograph

In this age of immediacy and instant gratification, making a photo of the author isn't such a big deal.

Is it?

I am hoping to achieve this task today, if the weather cooperates.  We'll do some shots in the garden and near the hive and perhaps at the workbench (that's why a need some sunshine--our porch is pretty dark on a cloudy rainy day).

My book designer says an action shot is best--wrapping an egg or whupping up some hoodoo. With everything about this book and about my public persona, I am striving to be honey without being condescending, to be real and not pander to a stereotype I detest. So, no poke bonnet. No corn cob pipe. No brown jug with XX on it. Over at the Facebook page, I'm going to post a few choices and let you all pick which one to use.

The book formatting is nearly complete, I think.  The rewriting went well and it's a stronger book for having done that. Oddly enough, I am already thinking of the next one and when it should be released and all sorts of things I've learned in this process.

Next on the list is a media packet for potential bookstores. Avec photo.


Probably not one of these, I'm thinking:






No comments:

Post a Comment