Monday, April 2, 2012

I'm Back-pedaling as Fast as I Can

Oops, roadblock!

Not really. The formatting is almost finished and one of my readers said she felt like the last chapter ended too abruptly. It was like hitting "a brick wall."

Yikes!

In practicing this non-attachment, I do still have moments where I am very...er, attached. Or so it seemed last night when I couldn't think of any way to do more or better or...anything with that chapter.

And then I went to sleep and that was refreshing.  When I woke this morning, I sat down here at the computer and started the addition/rewrite.  Finished it up at noon and sent it back to the formatting Fae.

Whew!

But in an odd way, it made me feel like a "real" writer (which I am, of course). Those final edits can be challenging, as many writers will tell you.  Just when you think it's safe and ready to go out into the world, there's a sudden abrupt halt, and maybe a change of direction.

All tidied up for now and non-attachment setting lightly on my shoulders. I finished up the mini-bio and what's-this-book-about text for the back cover and re-read the beautiful kind blurbs that others have written about the little book.

Cheered me right up.


No comments:

Post a Comment