Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Getting Organized


An outdoor display of Village Witch products and such. Note my comfy chair in the background--it has a canopy!

I bought a little green spiral notebook a couple of days ago and am making lists of where to go and what to do and...well, all that stuff.  The little book is finishing up getting formatted and I still don't have a photo for the inside. But I am very, very grateful for the wonderful comments people have made for the back of the book.  I feel a little like Sally Field at the Oscars that time--you like me!

One of the lists in the green notebook is a to-do list--making a marketing plan, a media kit, finish printing labels so I can ship out the books as soon as they arrive.

Another page has a to-go list.  I know I want to have a launch party at my old bookstore Accent on Books but where else could I go to talk about the book and sell a few copies?  Waynesville, Mountain Home, Johnson City, Sylva?  How far do I want to drive and how many times do I want to talk about this?  I'd love any suggestions from you, generous readers.  Do you have a favorite bookstore that hosts events?

So, tomorrow morning I'm getting a haircut, picking up printer cartridges and folders (for the above-mentioned media kit) and thinking about putting out an edition of my newsletter "From the Edges and Hedges" focused on the little book.

2 comments: