Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Revisiting the Essays

This little book has alternating chapters. There are chapters on folk magic and in between there are essays--most of which have been previously published.  I included the essays to give readers who may not be from around here a sense of what our culture is really like.  Not what they think it is from Deliverance or the Beverly Hillbillies.

In editing tonight, I got the chance to read those essays with a fresh set of eyes. It was nice to enjoy the stories in them and to remember what prompted me to write them in the first place.

In the midst of this editing, I'm remembering how much of my self and experiences have gone into the making of it.

That must be why I'm so excited to think of it being published.  I hope you all are, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment