Thursday, March 15, 2012

Moving Forward & Backward in Time

The idea for this little book came from a series of workshops I did last year on traditional Appalachian folk magic.  I've taken practices I remembered from my childhood in the mountains--practices I still practice, as a matter of fact--and put them into a fun and useful form.  Then I invited folks here in Asheville, North Carolina to learn a little about these old ways.  They aren't fancy but they are effective and people seemed to have a good time learning about them.

That's the backwards in time part.

The forwards in time part is that so many friends and colleagues have like the Facebook page for the book and I am terribly grateful. I've started the process of the pre-orders and tomorrow I will spend some loving time sending a note to each person who wants a book.  I'll promise them a unique bookmark--it has a red clay talsiman on the end.  I'll get their mailing address.  And I'll give them the PayPal info so they can do that part, too.

I figure we don't really understand time and so I may move back and forth for a while here as I catch you up with where I am now and we walk together into the future life of "Staubs & Ditchwater."  Thanks for starting out with me on the journey.

 This is me, being silly at the HillFolks Hoodoo: Divination workshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment