Wednesday, August 28, 2013

"Gnarly Roots" but first...a second book on you-know-what

I spent three wonderful weeks in Scotland and England this summer and part of that time I was doing field research of those future Appalachians--the Border Reivers.  There's a lot of research still to do before we get to the place where "Gnarly Roots" is ready to be written.

One reason is I love to research and will keep on doing that for a while. I still have some field work among the Hexen and Pow-Wow folks up in Pennsylvania and with the folks out on Qualla Boundary. And I'm hoping to find a little grant money somewhere that will give me another month or two in the Debatable Lands in Britain.

But you know what really needs to be written next? A Hillfolks Hoodoo book for the experienced practitioner. My friend Diotima has given it its working title--Egg Binding: a Sourcebook for the Advanced Hoodoo Practitioner. Or something like that.

I set up the file and have started writing.

Whew.


No comments:

Post a Comment