Thursday, May 24, 2012

Green Folders Full of Information: Press Packets Are Us

Hi, all!  A quick note to give you the update on the little stinker of a book.  We checked out the proof earlier this week and had a few things to tweak.  I am hopeful it will be uploaded to the printer in good time--perhaps before the weekend.

Last week I spent many days enjoying myself at the Pagan Unity Festival in middle Tennessee.  I talked about the little book and handed out my hand-made handouts--colorful tracings of my hand with the book info in the palm.

It's one of my little jokes.

Before I left for the festival, I created some fat press packets to deliver to a couple of local bookstores.  They contain a press release, some bio information, a photo, reviews/blurbs of the book and ordering information, a Moon Pie--all tucked into a pretty green folder.

They are great fun to make.  I'll create a half-dozen more and send them to stores out of the area.

I'm starting to arrange library talks--one so far. I hope they'll host me at the Enka-Candler branch since that's where I grew up.  And at the West Asheville branch--where I spent most every Saturday morning.

We designed the shipping label for the books that are being mailed out and I'll start prepping those tomorrow.  I pre-sold several more copies at the festival and need to make a few more of these super-cool bookmarks.

In other words--so far, so good.

3 comments:

  1. As a bookseller I can say that the press packet was very well done. And the moon pie was delicious. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see the book!

    ReplyDelete